Knifty Knitter

One husband, two kids, lots of pets, little time to knit. Yet I find time anyway.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Still here

Fear not, dear readers-I have not abandoned you. My server has been acting up this past week, and now my camera isn't cooperating. Ah well, such is life.

Last Tuesday Veronica fell off her top bunk and broke her wrist. Of course this all happened at nine o'clock at night, but we were home and back in bed by midnight. The doctor set it in a hard cast on Friday, and in 3-4 weeks the sucker should come off. This is little consolation to a 7 year old girl who is worried about swimming, but with the weather in Michigan being as it is she will be healed before the first few chilly dips are taken. On top of all that, my right-handed daughter landed on her right wrist. Oy.

Not much to photograph even if the camera was working. My mom's quilt-aka as The Project That Is Consuming My Life-is near completion. I gave it to my mom as is-without the binding-but have not touched it since. I needed a little break (oooo-sorry Ronica, bad choice of words).

As for knitting, I was so jealous of Lolly's great "Ruby" tank that as soon as I got done reading her post I went right over to Saun's site and got myself the pattern(s). I got to cast on last night and plan to work on it a little more today-I want to finish it and get to wearing it! The design in fantastic.

So more from me when the camera is repaired or replaced, and the quilt is finito. Until then, take care my pets. I do miss you all....

5 Comments:

  • I can't wait to see the tank and the finished quilt.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 1:08 PM  

  • Oooo, I want to see that tank!

    Poor dear. I hope her wrist isn't bothering her too much with the cast.

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 2:33 PM  

  • Thinking healing thoughts for your daughter.......ouch!

    By Blogger christine, at 11:16 AM  

  • Poor little V! I hope it heals up soon. I know that must have been a crazy night for you!

    I am so happy to hear that you are making the tank top too! I have another one planned in purple for PS July - a birthday present for my sis! I love the Diamonique too ;) Saun does great stuff!

    Have a good weekend, sweety!

    By Blogger Lolly, at 11:30 AM  

  • Yikes, poor Veronica! Hopefully it'll be healed by swim season.

    By Blogger Carrie K, at 2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home